Commentary - History - Photos- Politics - Religion - Travel Logs

Monday, August 6, 2007

Amine Lost; Aoun Won; Lebanon On The Brink

Cheik Amine Gemayel lost the election in Metn. After hearing from my friends directly involved in the elections I think it might get a bit hairy today. I saw fist fights between Tayyar (the winners, and Michel Aoun's party) and Kataeb (Cheik Amine's party), and from what I've noticed, Lebanon is looking more and more polarized. I hope nothing happens and saner heads prevail.

As for blogging, I am out to Colorado (amazing how I just touched down from Lebanon and I'm out again), I think I am going to take a little break, if any big news comes down the pike I will cover it, when I am out there I am writing one of my more important pieces, and interview with Toni Nissi.


While I am gone I will let my video of a Bedouin playing some music in Palmyra entertain you:



Thanks

© All Rights Reserved; www.ArzelJabal.blogspot.com

No comments: